At Trollbeads we are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of all visitors and users of Trollbeads.com.au and Trollbeads.co.nz (the “Website”). We do everything we can to maintain that trust. Under law, your rights to privacy are also protected. Privacy laws place strict requirements on us to treat certain information collected as confidential, to store your information securely and to allow you easy access to check and correct your information.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions) sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect, store, maintain and use about you as our customers, visitors to our website, social media and other digital services, job applicants and members of the public. Please read the following carefully to understand our policy and practices regarding your personal information collected through this Website. This policy is not intended to and does not create any contractual or other legal right in or on behalf of any party.
When we collect personal information about you
At times, we are required to collect personal information in the normal course of providing services for our customers.
These services include:
- Issuing a Cardholder Program card
- Processing purchases
- Accepting customer orders
- Processing online purchases and payments
- Registering an online account
- Maintaining client books
- Customer Service lines (including social media channels such as Facebook and Instagram)
- Processing credit card payments
- Processing cheque payments
- Arranging product holds
- Receiving prize application forms
- Accepting gift voucher payments
- Recording customer accident details
- Processing cash refunds
- Maintaining detailed information on our websites
Also, we make use of “cookies” on our websites. A cookie is a small software message sent to your web browser by our web server. Your browser stores the message in a file and the message is then sent back to our servers each time your browser requests a page from our servers.
Most Internet browsers are set up to accept cookies. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you will need to adjust the settings of your browser to refuse all cookies or to notify you each time a cookie is sent to your computer.
When you click on links and banners on our sites that take you to third-party websites, you will be subject to that third-party's privacy policies. While we support the protection of privacy on the internet, we cannot be held responsible for the actions of any third-party websites.
The personal information we collect
We may collect the following information from you:
- Your name and contact details, such as your physical address, email address and phone number;
- Your gender, birthdate and occupation;
- Your purchase history;
- Your company name (if applicable);
- The name of the domain from which you access the internet;
- The date and time you access our sites;
- The internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our sites;
- Other information you may supply to us; and
- If you are a candidate for employment, we may collect other information as further set out in our application forms or during the recruitment process. This may include information relating to your employment history, working eligibility rights, suitability for the role you are applying for, and your referee details.
Why we collect this information
We use the information to customise our services and plan product development so that we can provide you with relevant consumer information and notify you of products and special offers that may be of interest to you. It is also collected so that we may provide value-added services and marketing and remarketing through our website or other social media channels. If you are a candidate for employment, we collect information to assess your suitability for a position within our business and for other purposes such as contacting referees, performing background checks and visa applications.
Sharing of personal information
We may share your personal information with third parties where appropriate for the purposes set out above, including:
- Financial institutions for payment processing
- Regulatory, investigative or government bodies to comply with laws and regulations.
- Contracted service providers or partners, including overseas and local agents, delivery and shipping providers, information technology service providers, marketing and communications agencies, research and statistical analysis providers, hard copy and electronic mail houses, suppliers, and external business advisers (eg auditors and lawyers).
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. If do not wish to receive marketing information from us you have the option of ‘opting out’. Clear instructions on how to opt out of each area will be detailed specifically (for instance at the bottom of our e-newsletter you will have the option to ‘unsubscribe from the list’/’update subscription preferences’). Alternatively, please let us know in writing.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Access to information
You are entitled to see the information held about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org